Ninyo & Moore has an immediate opening for a Senior Environmental Engineer to assist in the management and growth of our environmental practice in Irvine, CA. The successful candidate will have 10 plus years of recent professional environmental consulting experience with technical responsibility in conducting site assessment and remediation activities from start-to-finish. We are seeking an individual who will assist with expansion of our practice by:
· Developing environmental project opportunities;
· Building and maintaining client relationships;
· Reviewing request for proposals andpreparing winning proposals;
· Assisting with recruiting, training and mentoring technical staff;
· Providing technical direction to staff;
· Maintaining field staffing, planning and implementing project work;
· Providing senior technical review and sign off for reports and related work products;
· Experience in project management, maintaining budget controls, invoicing projects, and knowledge of preparing project status updates to clients, attorneys and regulators;
· Preparing design drawings and construction specifications;
· Subcontracting, construction management and supervision;
· Negotiating clean-up goals and closure of sites with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies including the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), California Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB), Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), and South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD);
· Attending shortlist/interview presentations for major environmental clients.
Education: B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering, and appropriate related professional registration/certification (e.g., California Professional Civil Engineer). An advanced degree is a plus.
Required Skills: Experience should include design of various multi-media remediation systems including soil vapor extraction, dual-phase extraction, pump-and-treat, free-product recovery systems, in-situ bioremediation, methane and vapor mitigation systems; preparation of plans and specifications, equipment selection, bidding process, health and safety, system startup, operation, optimization and trouble-shooting, maintenance, compliance monitoring, and reporting per oversight regulatory agency requirements. Must possess local knowledge and regulatory experience. Candidate must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills, positive attitude, and problem solving skills. Must be able to act as the client manager for key clients or service areas.
Status: Full time with excellent benefits and competitive salary.
Benefits: Ninyo & Moore offers an excellent compensation and full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, Flexible Spending Account, life insurance, vacation and paid holidays.
Location: In any of our offices in CA (can work remotely)